Historic buildings: Glen-Kenimer-Tucker House
The original house consisted of three bedrooms, an entrance hall and a parlor, with the dining room and kitchen separated from the house, as was the custom in many homes built in that era. Additions in the 1890's included connecting the dining room and kitchen to the main house, adding the present summer kitchen, and building a second floor, which gave the house ten bedrooms. There was no electricity or plumbing during the greatest part of the active years of the house.
There were four stamp mills in operation nearby so there were many people interested in gold mining who stayed as paying guests at the Glen House.
This area became popular for summer visitors about this time, and for many years the house was full with summer boarders, many coming back every year. One regular guest was Captain Nichols, who built the Hardman House, and is reported to have died in this house.